Now Hiring for Mechanical Engineering Jobs for the Washington, DC Office
ATS, a thriving Engineering Firm established in 1967,
has multiple mechanical engineering jobs to be filled immediately.
Hiring Mechanical Engineers
Announcement Date: September 7th, 2018
Targeted Recruitment Area: 90 Mile Radius Around Washington, DC
Applied Technical Services Inc. (ATS) is a world-class, technologically advanced consulting and Engineering firm with extensive testing and inspection capabilities. With headquarters in Marietta, GA and over 20 branch offices and over 750 employees scattered throughout the US, ATS has established an excellent reputation within the commercial, industrial and legal communities for taking a closer look with our metallurgy, materials testing, chemical analysis, non-destructive testing, forensic and consulting engineering, fire and explosion investigations and calibration services.
Our Commercial Services Dept. is currently seeking Full Time Mechanical Engineers with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Civil or Structural Engineering or Engineering Technology. The Commercial Services department specializes in the design, inspection, testing and installation of suspended access and fall protection equipment on commercial buildings and industrial facilities.
- Hands-on engineering
- Generate certification reports
- Meet clients and generate proposals for inspections, testing and installations
- Perform inspections on suspended access and fall protection equipment in accordance with OSHA, ANSI, IWCA and ASME requirements
- Manage subcontractors assisting with installations
- Manage load testing and equipment installation projects from start to finish
- Generate design drawings and specifications
- Perform engineering calculations on equipment and structures
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Engineering Technology, BSCE, BSME, BSCET, BSMET or in Construction Engineering
- Strong safety awareness in a variety of construction settings
- A minimum of 2 years of engineering and / or construction experience with a good understanding and knowledge of concrete and steel structures.
- Ability and willingness to work near roof edges with proper fall protection
- Willingness to travel 30% or more
- Willingness to work occasional night and weekend projects v/s normal day shifts
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong oral and written communications skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of customer representatives
- Willingness to work in the field at customer sites ~50%
- Be team oriented and have a positive attitude
- Proficient in MS Office
ATS offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities. ATS full-time employee benefits include: competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, 401k with matching contribution, quarterly bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid holidays, and a generous paid time off/vacation package.
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.