At ATS, we work hard to stay on top of the technology curve, as well as keep pace with the needs of our customers and the capabilities of our leading competitors.
Our Metallurgy and Failure Analysis group purchased a new state-of-the-art microscope system to expand the list of services we offer to our clients. Our new Keyence VHX-7000 Digital Microscope System added both imaging and measuring capacity and capability to the Failure Analysis, Metallurgy, Weld Testing, and Chemistry Groups. This purchase allows ATS to enhance its failure analysis, metallurgy, and chemistry “products,” which consist of highly technical investigations backed up by the latest technology evaluation tools. This microscope system offers several new features beyond the current microscopes’ capabilities:
- Surface topography and z-height measurement, such as pit depth measurement and visual surface roughness measurement
- Three-dimensional imaging
- Deep focus distance capability
- Providing computer particle count and distribution analysis
- Automated porosity mapping
- Automated x-y image stitching
- Automated particle count, distribution, and morphology (e.g., cleanliness testing)
- Automated image analysis
- Automated grain size
Also, our Polymers Mechanical Testing Group added two MTS Exceed Series 40 EM Universal Test Systems with 50 kN and 100 kN load capabilities. These new systems will increase testing capacity for our clients and add more capabilities to the Polymer Mechanical Testing group at ATS. We use the MTS TW Elite Software to run our tests according to ISO, ASTM, and various other specifications.